Billet Family Program
Every season, players from across North America, travel to Sault Ste. Marie, MI to be a part of the Soo Eagle NOJHL hockey program. Many of these players live with a local billet family throughout the season. Hosting a junior hockey player is a great experience as billet families provide these athletes with an invaluable part of the junior hockey experience.
These players are pursuing their dream of playing collegiate or even professional hockey throughout the United States, and for many this is their first experience living away from home. A billet family becomes an extended family for these players, giving them the support and structure needed to help the player focus on advancing their hockey career.
More information and specifics of the Soo Eagle billeting program is below. If interested in billeting a Soo Eagle hockey player, please fill out the form on the reverse and contact
Francene Barbro at 906-259-0504 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Information: Players arrive for the start of the season mid-late August and will stay through the end of the hockey season which will typically end by mid-late March or early April. Billet families will receive a monthly monetary stipend to offset expenses incurred by billeting, but the real benefit to billet families is the lasting relationships formed with these young players and their families.
Host Family Requirements
- Provide a furnished room for the player or a furnished room to share with another billet player.
- Provide nutritious meals for the player or have food on hand that the player can prepare on his own.
- Provide access to a bathroom and common-areas such as living rooms, laundry room, etc.
- As a member of the family, our players are required to follow any house rules that you set for them. Provide them with a set of rules before they arrive, as well as help to enforce team rules relating to curfew, visitors, and standards of behavior.
- Allow for a visit from the Soo Eagle billet coordinator prior to the arrival of the player to ensure proper accommodations and conditions exist.
- Regularly communicate with the billet coordinator to ensure any issues are being dealt with properly and all concerned parties are enjoying the billeting experience.
- Follow all host family and team rules and show respect and consideration towards all family members.
- Provide their own personal care items, cell phones, and computers.
- Provide for their own transportation unless other arrangements have been made with the billet family.
- Take care of their room, including keeping it clean and doing their own laundry.
- Notify the host family of their whereabouts and stay in the billet home each night unless traveling with the Soo Eagles.
- Seek part-time employment or take high school or college courses in their free time.
- Bruno Bragagnolo – General Manager/Coach
- Gerald Frazier –Southeast Scout
- Joe Behling – Defensive Coach
- Bill Vanderleese – Goalie Coach
- Thomas Farnquist – Player Development/Head Scout
- Doug Bailey – Regional Scout
- Shirley Farnquist – Business Manager/Marketing Manager
- John Bosbous – Marketing Director
- Rob Horn – Game Day Events Coordinator/Media Relations
- Paul Allen – Equipment/Locker Room Manager
- Jean Allen – Equipment/Locker Room Manager
- Bob St. Peter - Public Address Announcer
- Ken Aikens – Hockey Tech Coordinator/Official Scorekeeper/Off-Ice Official
- Cathy Tibbett – Housing Director/Educational Coordinator
- Jason Wenglikowski – Webmaster
- Stuart Gould – Goaltender Scout/Consultant
- Renee Hutte – Ticket Office Manager
- Ariel Huntley- Fast Hockey Coordinator/Internet Technicians
- Brian Huntley – Fast Hockey Coordinator/Internet Technicians
- Scott Nason – Fast Hockey Announcer/Email Newsletter Editor
- Larry Pozzebon – Fast Hockey Color Commentator
- Randy Russon – ESPN Radio Talk Show Host
- Caleb Horn – Eddie the Eagle Team Mascot
- Eric Bragagnolo – Video Production Coordinator
- Bryan McLean – Beverage/Refreshment Manager
- Doug Auchell – Chicago Scout
- Shelby Fox – Game Day Administrator
- Joyce Bosbous – Game Night Administrator
- Danny Armstrong – Team Chiropractor
- Ken Murphy – Community Liaison
- Kari Evey – Trainer